Thursday, 29 January 2015

Being Positive!

One of my new years resolutions was to have a more positive look upon things and to spread positivity and I would like to think that I have been more positive and I definitely have noticed a change in my attitude, even if it is a small change.
When I was in my "bad stage" I would look upon everything with the most negative view and I would try so hard to be positive but it never worked, this is one of the reasons that show I am getting better every day, which by the way, didn't happen overnight, it took over a year.

Being positive is a good thing to be able to do because it is good to be positive but also you need to have a realistic view on life and situations otherwise you may be disappointed. I have noticed that I have been more positive and I don't really know how, it might be because I'm getting better but then again, it might be because I have forced myself to realize that not everything is as bad as it seems and that life really isn't as bad you see it when you are in a "bad stage" which is something that I wish I had learned sooner.

Ways to be more positive! (These are tips and techniques that I have used myself)

  • Realize that positive thinking is a choice! I used to think that people were either positive or negative and I used to blame outside forces like experiences, past, people, fate and all things like that. I attracted negative people because I was a negative person. I make the choice to view a positive outcome of a bad situation. 
  • Get rid of negative people! Surrounding yourself with people who don't encourage your happiness and positivity will not help you have a more positive outlook on life because they will drag you down with all their negativity! 
  • Look for the positive! In every situation, person, thing there is something good that needs to be thought about, so look out for that and always see the best in things! 
  • Strengthen the positivity in yourself! You have to practice being positive and get into the habit of thinking in a more positive way because like most things, practice really does make perfect! 
  • Share your positivity with others! I have been doing this unintentionally recently which is really good because it means that I am not thinking about being positive, I am just getting on with it! Sharing your positivity will not only make you feel good but it will make the person you are sharing it with feel better. 
  • Appreciate more things that you usually take for granted! This will help positivity because you will realize that you have a lot more than you think and that a lot of people have less than you  and it will make you feel a little bit better! 
  • STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS! A lot of us do this without even thinking but this won't help in any way, you are who you are, that's just the way it is, if you are really unhappy then change the things you dislike or learn to appreciate yourself the way that you are!  
These are a few ways that I have become a more positive person, I really want to spread positivity and make more people smile which is why I wrote this post. 
Positive thinking will lead to a positive lifestyle and a happy life! 
Created By Sora Templates