Sunday, 28 June 2015

Things I wish I had been taught sooner

Things I wish I had been taught sooner because they helped when I was told...

This is a post that I actually wrote in my diary on 20th September 2014 and looking back I really wanted to share it because it could help some people. During this time, I was in quite a bad place, not the worst but I was around the middle of my recovery (kind of.) 


  • You are worth more than the number on the scales.
  • You are stronger than you realise. 
  • You are crueller than you realise.
  • The smallest words will break your heart.
  • You will change. You're not the same person that you were three years ago. You're not even the same person that you were three hours ago and that's okay, especially if you didn't like the person that you were three hours ago. 
  • People come and go. 
  • You won't like your name until someone who means so much to you says it everyday. 
  • You don't have to open the curtains and get out of bed if you don't want to. 
  • Never stop yourself texting/calling someone. If you love them at 4am, tell them. If you love them at 9:30pm, tell them again. 
  • Make sure you have a safe place. Whether it's the kitchen floor or a bookshop, just make sure you have a safe place. 
  • You will be scared of all kinds of things, of spiders and clowns and eating alone, but your biggest fear will be that people will see you the way that you see yourself. 
  • Always be friends with broken people, they know how to survive and they make an effort to be friends with you which takes so much especially when most days, getting out of bed seems like the worst thing in the world.
  • You can love and hate someone all at once. You can miss them so much you ache but still ignore your phone when they call/text.
  • You are good at something, whether it's making someone laugh or remembering their birthday. Don't let anyone tell you that these things don't matter. 
  • Loneliness is nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you. 
  • People say "I love you" all the time. Even if it is disguised. 
  • You will be okay. 
So these are some of the things that 15 year old me wanted to remember and hey, I remembered them and shared them with my little space on the internet, I hope people take time to read and appreciate this. 

Speak soon, 

Kea xoxo 
Created By Sora Templates